Mission of the Child Care Program
The WCSSSD Aftercare Program at Washington Borough Schools is committed to assist parents after school hours by providing a safe, as well as fun, environment for the children.
• Children from pre-kindergarten to sixth grade will be supervised in a safe environment by adults employed by WCSSSD.
• Children will participate in outdoor/indoor activities.
• A childcare staff member will be available to offer homework assistance.
The After Care program is housed in the Taylor Street and Memorial Schools and runs from dismissal to 5:30 pm daily. Parents may send a snack for their child. Daily curriculum activities will vary. Homework assistance will be available, as needed. In addition, students have an opportunity to participate in table games or an indoor/outdoor activity, contingent upon weather and available staff; and view appropriate movies.
Who Can Join Child Care?
Any child enrolled at Washington Borough School in grades PK-6 may attend the Child Care Program, providing the child is registered for childcare. If the application is not on file, the child may not attend.
• Applications are to be completed and on file for a child to attend.
• Applications can be received at any time.
• If an application cannot be located, then the child will be sent to the office and the parent will be called.
• Applications may and should be completed for emergency purposes.
• Applications must be re-submitted each year, so that information may be updated.
• Students attending the Child Care Program MUST demonstrate self-management skills. (Personal aides cannot be provided to support students in the program.)